A collaborative blog of fashion addicts, rambling about their latest fashion crazes and beauty tips.

Friday 2 July 2010

My verdict on clogs & current fave

Before I hop in I just wanted to announce that I'll be linking my blog to my Twitter and vice versa~
Dundundunnn! So you can follow me on twitter too! :D
Follow me here
*clapclap*

Anywho on with the CLOGS! Firstly... I like the word you can rhyme it with everything haha. Besides that there has been quite a lot of negative views on clogs, which I'm assuming is due to the old style of clogs (clumpy frumpy and plain EW with no sense of style or closely associated with the kitten heel). However if it's been on the catwalks, it's definitely going to be translated to suit high street shop shelves!


(Click to enlarge)

Topshop - LAUREL Patent Buckle Clogs £68 in navey

Comfort and fit: 8/10
The huge platform and chunky heel make walking in them a breeze, but there's a gap where the arch of my foot is so it starts to hurt after a while. Also the fit where the buckles are too lose even though they're a size 3! I can make them a lil smaller though, which is alright. But it kinda alters the original look of it, which always annoys me.
There's a rubber layer on the bottom of it which means super grip! = no slips/trips
Brownie points for that! :)

Look: 6/10

The chunkiness makes your legs look slimmer, but it almost looks like my feet are out of proportion :/ Then again I quite like the overall look, it adds a quirky edge to any outfit. It's doesn't come in black which makes it hard to match up with clothes, but the other options are burgundy, nude and navy. Which I think you should just check your wardrobe before hand, and think which shade goes best with the majority of your clothes!


Overall I think it takes the right outfit and a lot of attitude to pull it off, not for the faint hearted! :)
You need to take a good look around to find the style that you like the best, as there are endless variations of the Clog, but it's an awesome way to update your outfit.

Current fave:
(Shiseido eyelash curlers)

See my recent Sasa haul for info on it~
I love these eyelash curlers! They curl my eye lashes so well without over curling them so they go in that horrible bent angle. It gets most of my lashes (no curlers can ever get the small ones around the inner corner of your eye, you need the miniature curlers to do that)
AND you get a spare inside :)

Upcoming posts:
-Tutorial on Basic Leopard Print nail art.
-and more reviews/updates

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...