A collaborative blog of fashion addicts, rambling about their latest fashion crazes and beauty tips.

Wednesday 1 September 2010

My current favourite mascara and reviews

The first mascara I can remember using was a Boots No.7 Intense mascara of some sort, and it only added a slight layer on each lash and then clumped :/

And then I upgraded to Urban Decay Sky Scraper (£13.70) mascara which does add a visible amount of lengthening, and no clumping with the clever shaped brush. The neck of the bottle squeezes off the excess and isn't too tight to make putting the wand back in a hassle.But then I finally reached my favourite mascara which I still love to this day the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express (£6.99) mascara, which I tried because of all the hype and I needed a new mascara anyway. So putting aside the bold colour of the packaging and the strange shape the creamy texture inside works like magic! With the special fibre technology in it, it makes my lashes look around 50% longer. However it doesn't hold the curl and it needs a quick comb through after application to remove any lumps and bumps!
So I'm planning on trying out the waterproof formula soon and compare it to see which one holds the curl more!


From left to right:
Max Factor False Lash Effect - £7.99? (Limited edition) Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof - £4.99 Maybelline Falsies £7.99


Now these are the mascaras that I'm currently using, the Max Factor mascara was almost an impulse buy and I just wanted to see if it matches the standards of the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara since it had similar names and claimed to give 'full lashes, Natural look Mascara'. When I first applied it, it felt like I was using the Maybelline mascara, except it had slightly less lengthening effects but visibly less clumps. So I agree that it does give a natural full lash look and it is a great alternative if you don't want as much intensity as the Maybelline mascara.

I would recommend the Maybelline Great Lash mascara as a great lengthening mascara for the lower lashes as it doesn't add as much length and volume as the Falsies mascara but it adds enough length for my bottom lashes. I either use this mascara or the Urban Decay one depending on the finish look that I want.

And finally the last mascara is the Maybelline Falsies Mascara that came out soon after the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara, and I was curious on how they were going to top the last mascara and how it would differ. I found that it was very similar to the Colossal Volume mascara except there was a spoon brush on it instead, and it still didn't hold the curl.


If anyone would like a more in depth review on any of the mentioned mascaras or pictures of the mascaras on my lashes just leave a comment below :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...