A collaborative blog of fashion addicts, rambling about their latest fashion crazes and beauty tips.

Saturday 25 September 2010

What am I using now??

Update on what products I'm using now and some lil reviews~

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion - fragrance free

I ran out of Palmers Body Lotion and came across this and though I'd give it a try. It says on the back of the tube:

" Daily Moisturising Lotion combines the concentrated goodness of finely-milled naturally active Colloidal Oatmeal with rich emollients. This unique formula is clinically proven to go beyond 24 hour moisturisation and replenish the skin's natural barrier function, to significantly improve the condition of the dry skin in just 2 weeks. Absorbs quickly and leave the skin looking and feeling soft, smooth and healthy."

So based on that I think I agree that it does keep my skin moisturised for quite a while throughout the day, but only up until I wash it off. It is also light and absorbs quickly after being massaged into the skin, which I like because the creamy feeling that you get from some lotions isn't very practical when you're applying it on your hands. However I think I do prefer the Palmers Body butter, as it is more moisturising and leaves my skin much softer, but this lotion is good for applying on my hands. If only it came is purse-sized bottles!

Shills Rose Water Eye&lips Makeup Remover

Yup you guessed it! I ran out of the Clinique Gentle Eye Makeup remover so I made use of this one. This product smells like roses, but it isn't overpowering either so it's suitable for your gentle eye area. The top half of the solution is the oils and the pink bit is where the magic is, so you need to shake the bottle to mix them up. I love the fact that it's pink too! Bonus points! I feel that this product isn't as good as the Clinique one though, because it takes a bit more effort to get my mascara off. So it's a decent gentle makeup remover and it's appealing, but I think I'd rather invest in a better one~

OPI Start to Finish Nail Stregthener

My Barry M nail strengthener/top&base coat went all gloopy and thick, so I chucked that out and thought I'd make an investment into a more refined one because I use it so often. This OPI one is super smooth and dries thinly, which is perfect for a base and top coat, but I'm still testing it out to see if it really helps to strengthen my nails.

Upcoming posts:
Face scrubs
Painless Waxing??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...